130 SERIES COALESCENT OIL SEPARATORS FOR CO2
Temprite, the first company to design and manufacture coalescent oil separators and reservoirs, has expanded its product lines to address the unique and challenging demands of CO2 systems. Working with engineers and scientists in the refrigeration field, Temprite has developed the 130 Series, a line of R744 coalescent oil separators for transcritical CO2 applications, featuring the most efficient oil/refrigerant filtering and separation technology available.
The Temprite 130 Series are the first products designed for CO2 to undergo performance testing at internationally recognized testing organizations and have proven to perform the best of any filtration and separation technology.
The best attributes of the 920/R separation technology have been incorporated into the design of 130 Series models, establishing the benchmark for efficiency in CO2. Temprite engineers will continue to work with customers and specialists in the CO2 field to develop products that work with the leading refrigeration technology.
Let us know what you need for your CO2 system. We can produce liquid receivers and other high-pressure components for CO2 applications to meet customer requirements.
Temprite Innovation Meets the Challenge of CO2
The changeover to CO2 refrigeration systems is based on its environmentally friendly attributes. However, CO2 presents several challenges.
Challenge: High-Pressure System
- Most traditional refrigerants have a maximum pressure rating of around 31.0 to 34.5 bar (450 to 500 PSI), but in CO2 subcritical applications, pressures could exceed 131 bar (1900 PSI)!
Series 130 Beats High Pressure
- The 130 Series coalescent oil separators create an efficient, cost-effective reliable system that accommodates typical system operating pressures.
- The 130 Series offers a range of products for transcritical applications up to 130 bar (1885 PSI).
- The 920 Series of products are suitable for subcritical applications up to 44.8 bar (650 PSI).
Challenge: CO2 is "Dirtier"
High-pressure systems such as CO2 tend to have system-connecting lines made from pipe instead of tubing. Pipe is inherently dirtier than tube and requires welding versus the cleaner brazing process associated with tubing. This means more dirt in the system.
Temprite's Answer: CO2+Series 130 = Clean & Green
- Temprite's Series 130 coalescing filtration and separation technology removes dirt from the system better than any other product.
- Series 130 coalescent oil separators separate and clean oil at a nominal 98.5%+ efficiency level.
- R744 and Temprite's Series 130 separators can be used efficiently in larger systems.
- High separation efficiency allows a smaller oil reservoir to be used.
CO2 has a much higher density than traditional refrigerants, making it more difficult to separate the oil from the gas and requiring a better separation process.
Temprite Innovation Handles High Density
- The 130 Series coalescing technology has been proven in laboratory and application testing to be superior to other conventional separators.
Click here for Series 130 Technical Information
Installation Instructions for Model 131 and all 300 Series Oil Separators
Installation Instructions for 133A - 139A Accessible Coalescent Oil Separators
Filter Replacement Instructions for 130 Series Accessible Coalescent Oil Separators
130 Series, 920 and 920R Series Filter Access Clearance Chart
130, 920 & 920R Series CO2 Sizing Charts
Contact Temprite for:
Customer Support: Sheila Michalek
Technical Support: Fred Gerleve